Northern Colorado is fun of fun outdoor adventure. There are tons of hiking trails, bike trails, and fishing holes but have you been Stand Up Paddle Boarding in Northern Colorado? Well, you’re in luck, here is a list of the 5 best spots to paddle board in Northern Colorado.
1. Dowdy Lake (See above). – Located near Red Feather Lakes, Dowdy Lake is a great weekend get away located about an hour north & west of Fort Collins.
2. Horsetooth Lake – This beautiful lake is located just outside of Fort Collins, CO. The lake is large and has motorized boats but there are quiet little spots to get your paddle on.
3. Lon Hagler Reservoir – This smaller lake is located in west Loveland, CO. It’s a great place to paddle.
4. Pinewood Reservoir (or Carter Lake) – Pinewood Reservoir is a quiet mountain lake located outside of Loveland. There are no motor boats allowed. It is a perfect place to relax.
5. Windsor Lake – Located directly in the middle of Windsor, CO, Windsor Lake is a great place to relax on a sunny day.